A root canal is a dental procedure with a cleaning and filling to restore dental health. It is also known as the endodontic treatment. It is a treatment process that focuses on diagnosing and treating the conditions that affect the dental pulp and soft tissues in the center of the teeth.
A root canal is required when there is an infected tooth, and a root canal is performed to prevent the tooth from infecting other tooth areas. But here, the question arises about how you will understand that you need a root canal treatment. So, in this article, let’s understand the situation of root canals. You may find various dentist centers in Totowa where there are root canal Totowa centers to explain to you in detail about the root canal procedures and effects.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
A root canal is the inner chamber of the tooth, which consists of soft tissues with dental pulp. This treatment involves a procedure in which there is the removal of the dental pulp and filling it with replacement material to fortify the tooth and prevent infection. So, this procedure is carried out when the dental pulp is infected and needs to be replaced to strengthen the teeth.
How Do You Feel You Need a Root Canal?
- Severe Tooth Pain: If you are having severe pain in your teeth and there is a bacterial infection in the dental pulp, then there is a need for a root canal. The pain may be severe and persistent. If there is an infection in the dental pulp, it is better to do a root canal to prevent further infections in other teeth.
- Sensitivity to cold and heat: If you have sensitive teeth while consuming cold or warm products, then it is a heavy warning sign that there is a need for a root canal. This sensitivity might occur when there is a cavity or any other problem. So, a root canal can solve your problem to prevent further inflammation and infection.
- Cracked or chipped tooth: If you have a cracked tooth, the inner layer is exposed, and it may be susceptible to infection. Therefore, in this case, the root canal is essential before putting a crown on it so that there is no further infection in the tooth.
- Swollen gums: Swollen gums indicate that you have an infection in your teeth, and it is high time for you to consult a doctor and do a root canal to remove the infected part from the teeth.
- Deep Cavity: The cavity makes room for infection, and therefore, before filling it or using the crown, doctors suggest that you should do a root canal to remove the infections.
If you have any of the symptoms mentioned above, you should consult a doctor for better treatment, which will solve your maximum dental problems.